Owner of the Data Processing
by Danilo Gaetani
VAT NUMBER 06782200965
Via P. Sarpi, 15
20154 Milan (Italy)
Phone 02 3360 8726
E-mail address of the data owner: email@example.com
Types of data collected and their use
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User or, in the case of Usage Data, automatically collected during the use of this Site. Some of the Data requested by this Site are mandatory. If the User refuses to provide it, it may be impossible for this Site to provide the Service. Optional Data, if not entered by the Users, will have no effect on the availability of the Service or its operation. Users who are in doubt as to which Data are mandatory are encouraged to contact the Data Controller.
The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Site and guarantees that he/she has the right to communicate or disseminate them, releasing the Owner from any liability towards third parties.
We collect the following data via the contact form on this website: name, email address and telephone number. Only the email address is a mandatory field. This data is collected to enable us to contact the User. The data collected is only kept for as long as is strictly necessary and for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted via this contact form for marketing purposes.
Where it is possible to leave a comment on the Site, if you choose to leave a comment, you can choose to save your name, email address and website in cookies. They are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when leaving another comment. These cookies will remain for one year.
Content embedded in other websites
The Site collects statistics via the open source software AwStats. Details of the data collected can be found at http://www.awstats.org/ . The data is analysed for the sole purpose of improving the content of the website, mainly to understand where the users come from and which pages and articles are of most interest to the users. The data collected through AwStats are not used for marketing purposes but only for advisory purposes.
Who we share your data with
The Data are processed at the operational headquarters of the Data Controller and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller. Your Data will not be sent anywhere but only stored, for the time specified above, in the Data Controller’s database located in Milan (Italy).
How long we keep your data
If you leave a comment on the Site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is how we can automatically recognise and approve any follow-up comments instead of keeping them in a moderation queue.
For Users who register on our website (where a login area is available), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All Users can view, change or delete their personal information at any time (except their username which they cannot change). The administrators of the Site can also view and modify this information.
More generally, Data are processed and stored for the time required by the purposes for which they were collected. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Data Controller and the User will be retained until the performance of that contract is completed;
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the legitimate interest of the Controller will be retained until such interest is satisfied. The User may obtain further information on the legitimate interest pursued by the Controller in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Controller.
When the processing is based on the User’s consent, the Controller may keep the Personal Data for a longer period until such consent is revoked. In addition, the Controller may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period in compliance with a legal obligation or by order of an authority.
At the end of the retention period, the Personal Data will be deleted. Therefore, at the end of this period, the right of access, cancellation, rectification and the right to data portability can no longer be exercised.
What rights do you have over your data
If you have an account on this Site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file from the site with the personal data we hold about you, including the data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete all personal data about you. This does not include data that we are obliged to retain for administrative, legal or security purposes.
The Data Controller adopts appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or destruction of Personal Data. The processing is carried out using computer and/or telematic instruments, with organisational methods and logics strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, other subjects involved in the organisation of this Site (administrative staff, lawyers, system administrators) or external subjects (such as third party technical service providers, postal couriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) also appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Data Controller, may have access to the Data. The updated list of Data Processors can always be requested from the Data Controller.
Legal basis of processing
The Data Controller processes Personal Data relating to the User if one of the following conditions applies:
- the User has given consent for one or more specific purposes; Note: in some jurisdictions, the Controller may be allowed to process Personal Data without the User’s consent or another of the legal bases specified below, until the User objects (“opts out”) of such processing. However, this does not apply where the processing of Personal Data is governed by European legislation on the protection of Personal Data;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the User and/or the execution of pre-contractual measures;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller;
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the Controller or of third parties.
However, it is always possible to ask the Controller to clarify the concrete legal basis of each processing operation and in particular to specify whether the processing is based on law, required by a contract or necessary to conclude a contract.
Users may exercise certain rights in relation to the Data processed by the Controller.
In particular, the User is entitled to:
- Withdraw consent at any time. You may revoke your consent to the processing of your Personal Data previously given.
- Objecting to the processing of your Data. You may object to the processing of your Data when it is done on a legal basis other than consent. Further details on the right to object are set out in the section below.
- Access your Data. The User has the right to obtain information on the Data processed by the Controller, on certain aspects of the processing and to receive a copy of the Data processed.
- Check and request correction. The User may check the accuracy of his Data and request that it be updated or corrected.
- Obtaining restriction of processing. When certain conditions are met, you may request the restriction of the processing of your Data. In this case, the Data Controller will not process the Data for any purpose other than their storage.
- Obtain the deletion or removal of your Personal Data. When certain conditions are met, the User may request the deletion of their Data by the Data Controller.
- Receive their Data or have them transferred to another owner. The User has the right to receive his or her Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically feasible, to have it transferred without hindrance to another controller. This provision is applicable when the Data are processed by automated means and the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract to which the User is a party or on contractual measures related thereto.
- Propose a complaint. The User may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority or take legal action.
Details of the right to object
When Personal Data are processed in the public interest, in the exercise of public powers vested in the Controller or in pursuit of a legitimate interest of the Controller, Users have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to their particular situation.
Users are reminded that if their Data are processed for direct marketing purposes, they may object to the processing without giving any reasons. To find out whether the Controller processes data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the respective sections of this document.
How to exercise your rights
In order to exercise their rights, Users may address a request to the contact details of the Controller indicated in this document. Requests are filed free of charge and processed by the Controller as soon as possible, in any event within one month.
Further information on treatment
The User’s Personal Data may be used by the Data Controller in legal proceedings or in the preparatory stages of such proceedings in order to defend against abuse in the use of this Site or related Services by the User. The User declares that he/she is aware that the Data Controller may be obliged to disclose the Data by order of public authorities.
System logs and maintenance
For operational and maintenance purposes, this Site and any third party services used by it may collect system logs, i.e. files that record interactions and which may also contain Personal Data, such as the User’s IP address.
Information not contained in this policy
Further information in relation to the processing of Personal Data may be requested at any time from the Data Controller using the contact details.